I was there too. Baltimore Civic Center - May 5, 1979. Jack Straw starts strong (has the "play for Clive") followed by a smokin' They Love Each Other. In the 800th hour of driving pulled over at a gas station and painted "Grateful Dead All Night Driving Team" on the side of the car (see photo archived on this web page). ALMOST got crushed getting in from SUNY Binghamton at Broome.. The discography of the rock band the Grateful Dead includes more than 200 albums, the majority of them recorded live in concert.The band has also released more than two dozen singles and a number of videos.. Email This BlogThis! My wife was pregnant and the heat was just too much. 1 person was there. Vince Welnick; Active: September 7, 1990 – 1995 Instruments: Keyboards, backing and lead vocals Other projects: The Tubes, Missing Man Formation Band lineups. 9 people were there. Grateful Dead Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, Binghamton, NY - May 9, 1979 May 09 1979 Grateful Dead Billerica Forum, Billerica, MA - May 11, 1979 May 11 1979 May 12, 1979 Grateful Dead Alumni Stadium, Amherst, MA - May 12, 1979 May 12 1979 Unable to process your request at this time. Loved him and miss him too though its Jerry that I literally still feel loss as a crying ache break to my core and heart thats almost never healed fully, well its okay, but when I see him rip it like today on Giants Stadium New Speedway Boogie with Hornsby I see that Brent was the last straw for him with the Dead, he just could not see it clear to get band tight as it was again and Hornsby not joining I think was hard for him, not that Vince wasn't good, he just had tall shoes to fill, as did Warren when he tried and may not have succeeded though he is a great guitarist I feel John Mayer and Mark Karan both did Jerry justice tho not playing "Jerry' they were not ashamed to sound like Jerry which to me was why the Dead never really felt it until they finally decided to LET FOLKS PLAY like Garcia as after all-that si what the Dead sounded like-why try to go different way intentionally so hard..never got that and Ratdog was the beginning of return to sound I love but now they are hitting it pretty nicely--not like 1980 or 1990 buti ts damn good and I for one am very happy to see them playing this well into their 70s--can only wonder had Jerry not died how great he would be by now...alas....sorry for long wind but I typed all these in before and damnable Rhino or suits lost this-Hunter was the last archivist before the corpoarate web took over (well he called it that and though its more easy to read since, I miss Hunter being a part of the day to day....and just wish he toured with band more...he is sorely missed and I get why he has been reluctant to tread in in places where such greatness as Garcia toiled....Hunter is a great sage...Robert, come sing on tour dude! The Grateful Dead Live at Nassau Coliseum on 1979-11-01 Audio Preview ... but once you discover the rest you may know it as the "Playin'" show instead. Totally relaxed and the crowd is all about it. The box set itself is a visual treat following an I Ching theme. The jam after Truckin' moves into an incredible frenzy of tension, a huge peak and climax just before the drums, with Phil just bombing the sound system with low notes. The box set itself is a visual treat following an I Ching theme. Those years went up in smoke for the most part, but listening to this brought some synapses back to life, and I'm delighted to have found some really good memories in this cookin' set. Grateful Dead Alumni Stadium, Amherst, MA - May 12, 1979 May 12 1979 May 13, 1979 Grateful Dead Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME - May 13, 1979 May 13 1979 Grateful Dead 02/10/79 Soldiers' And Sailors' Memorial Hall - Kansas City, KS Set 1: Don't Ease Me In Me And My Uncle Big River They Love Each Other New Minglewood Blues Brown-Eyed Women It's … The people who operated the venue turned the "heat" on mid-way thru the 1st set, apparently as a mistake while trying to turn the A/C or vent system on. It was unusually hot for May. Great Jack Straw...a MANDATORY China-Rider. (reincarnated from Blue Rose after they redid the board- looks better now)..BP To the person who ran down my home town with a bogus comparison to Eastern Europe, I pose a question. $100, "Best Freakin' show of '79...Lost > FOUND!". Saved by jim Sebastian 2 people were there. Grateful Dead Live at Baltimore Civic Center on 1979-05-05. by Grateful Dead. to do the Miracle thing yet... Joani Walker could tape some Grateful Dead! We'll try to find what you're looking for but in the meantime why not check out these sections of Dead.net? And it was no big thang. ...a bunch of freakazoids from the West Campus dorms descend upon Broome County, Al gets tossed in the slammer for selling bogus bootleg t-shirts, its every man for himself in the swelter of Bingoland...someone flew off the roof that night, others got squished up front, the place was electric, the band was clearly on fire. It was verry hot that spring in upstate ny. She consistently “got it” on tape in "A" quality form, and we are very lucky to have easy access to her treasure trove of master tapes. There is a visual element of viewing the Band darkly as through the mists of time. Collection GratefulDead Band/Artist Grateful Dead Resource DeadLists Project. 7" Singles The Grateful Dead formed in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1965 amid the counterculture of the 1960s.They had many musical influences, and their music evolved to a great degree over time. E-v-e-r-yone had their shirts off. GRATEFUL DEAD Saturday, May 5, 1979 Baltimore Civic Center, Baltimore, MD Audience Recording. The Dead would grow sloppier in 1978 and 1979 but in Spring 1977 they were masters of their craft and what a craft it was. Packaged as a box set, it includes a booklet with a historical essay and photos from the … Collection, Dead & Log in or register to post comments; user picture. Between "He's Gone" and "Truckin'," at around the. I caught this amazing show though I did not get hit with peak show as my mind was not fully engaged and I did not fully get the Dead yet but was beginning to, and boy was I in for a surprise as my next show would be Red Rocks the very same year in August 12, 1979 and that show I have posted, was my life changing show (archive) and won't detail it here. By far the cleanest and spot on Sugaree I've yet to find. Grateful Dead All-Night Driving Team Drove all night to this show solo from college in Ohio. It was recorded at five consecutive shows, from May 11–17, 1977. I was a student at good ol' SUNY B, and it was an abnormally hot day...temp in the low 90's. So I would soon be fully indoctrinated into the monster of group mind that was my next Dead show but for this show it was still great to see the band play in top form and I had heard Brent was just starting with band and so that was a bit surprising given Keith and Donna being so beloved until I guess things got too out of hand with Keith and so Donna left with him..would have loved to caught a few Keith and Donna shows but Brent was my keyboard player and anyone who disses him I feel knows nothing of ryhthmic keyboard players as Brent was the glue to the Dead holding the drums and bass and lead together for a solid 11 years and the band owes him an incredible debt of gratitude as do I for his wonderful wonderful years of play--i saw one of his shy first shows and one of his less shy last few at Nassaue Coliseu where he sang Red Rooster "you think youre as stud boy? The Grateful Dead and our managing organizations have long encouraged the purely non-commercial exchange of music taped at our concerts and those of our individual members. This is the first review Ive written. mbelliveau WildMan. 20 minute Sugaree. Grateful Dead Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA - May 4, 1979 May 04 1979 Grateful Dead Baltimore Civic Center, Baltimore, MD - May 5, 1979 May 05 1979 May 7, 1979 Grateful Dead Allan Kirby Field House, Easton, PA - May 7, 1979 May 07 1979 Complete your Grateful Dead* collection. 4 stars because I'm a tough grader...and I'm baised as I was at this show. Anniversary, Dave's 5 people were there. Due to a certain substance, my first clear memory of the show is from Drums. Totally steamin' as I recall. I almost got killed by a biker after the show. The Grateful Dead and our managing organizations have long encouraged the purely non-commercial exchange of music taped at our concerts and those of our individual members. Il a joué sur différents pianos et synthétiseurs électriques ; Fender Rhodes, Yamaha CP-70, et un Kurzweil Midiboard, Hammond B-3. plus-circle Add Review. One of the 4 AC units was down, and it was steaming in the Arena. Truly the hottest (ambient) show i ever saw! The peak of the jam might be the highest, most energy-packed moment the band ever played, at least post-hiatus. Gave this show a spin, and Truckin' does mutate nicely into TOO and rhythm devil noodling that sounds just right for this year and this month. My first show!...got tix from sibling for my 14th birthday the week prior; owned steal your face at the time....got 18 minute sugaree opener to start....old time china/rider...killer he's gone/truckin/jam....great loser, too....it was ridiculously hot in the arena that night, too...don't forget the jumper....Binghamton truly had a special gd connection, as a lot of real freaks lived there and all the shows here were truly sick! FOB Naks > Teac PC-10 (cassette master) > DAT x2; Transfer: DA-20mkII > Hosa S/PDIF > Delta DiO 2496 > Peak (tracking, downsampling [Set II only]) > WAV > SHN (no extraction); Transferred, SHNed, and seeded by Jon Seff; flips after Minglewood and Drums [Note: A sbe fixed version also circulates], Uploaded by Décor, Long In the 800th hour of driving pulled over at a gas station and painted "Grateful Dead All Night Driving Team" on the side of the car (see photo archived on this web page). Grateful Dead Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA - May 4, 1979 May 04 1979; Grateful Dead Baltimore Civic Center, Baltimore, MD - May 5, 1979 May 05 1979; Last updated: 15 Jul 2020, 01:40 Etc/UTC. saw muddy waters and clapton here 3 weeks later! Set 1: d1t01 - Tuning d1t02 - New Minglewood Blues d1t03 - Dire Wolf d1t04 - El Paso d1t05 - Brown Eyed Women d1t06 - It's All Over … Grateful Dead Live at Billerica Forum on 1979-05-11 ... Reviewer: ManWithaFAce - favorite favorite favorite favorite favorite - May 19, 2005 Subject: absolutely . Community | Dead 101 | Features | Show Archive bood BornLate cneiss jwsamuel korp12 kwas. Grateful Dead Live at Madison Square Garden on 1979-09-06 . The A/C wasn't working properly, and it was HOT!!!! The rest of the set is average to below average for '79. Hey folks, this ain't no Furthur show in Port Chester we be talkin'about! Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) About Me. eye 20,630 favorite 6 comment 6 . By submitting my information, I agree to receive personalized updates and marketing messages about Grateful Dead based on my information, interests, activities, website visits and device data and in accordance with the. Looking high, looking low. The Dead would grow sloppier in 1978 and 1979 but in Spring 1977 they were masters of their craft and what a craft it was. The quality of this download is much improved, but clearly from the same master. IS AMAZING) AND GREAT SHOW COMBINE FOR A 20 STAR SHOW!!!!!!!!!! To me, as a musician, there are a few highlights ... the jam between He's Gone and Truckin' is the most amazing I've heard ... check out Bobby and Jerry playing twin lead guitar just before the transition, as Phil adds a fifth turnaround to the typical E7 jam. Use this setlist for your event review and get all updates automatically! No comments: Post a Comment. Many of us at the show felt they had to "cool" down the crowd intensity with He's Gone after the Chinacat/Rider. Publication date ... 1979 . The boys,minus Jerry, were jammin' the sound check. I do so only to make some historical corrections and comments about this night, with the spectacular aspects of the music well described by others such as rigor1 and lvrwm. That and Sugar Mag. First show- did not have it all together than night (me that is)..I heard it was like Brent's first show...show was great especially China Cat where one local college guy I knewhad a VISION...my visions came at Red Rocks a few months later at a fateful show.... Alreser331 CARLITOSSWAzE Chasman davidlevitsky Gehebe Gijoe malpais rogue777 tr__ Share or embed this setlist . The album includes most of the second set from that concert, as well as the encore. Think he was confident then dud? Produced as a limited edition two-disc vinyl LP. I also recall the guy cliimbed a poll and fell and died and its two shows in a row that happened at as my next show a guy fell from Red Rocks climbing during show-he enabled a ton of my pals to sneak in when security went to see what happened but it was a true tragedy as was the fact it rained out 8/13 and 8/14 in Red Rocks (my next shows) so its sad any time a fan dies and gave the scene a bad name for a time with all these types of bad acid casualties but they were rare though not unheard of at least one time a year someone would accidentally die at a show I think but not like the shows in late 70s to 1980..think that was bad period for quality of blotter not sure.. Label: Grateful Dead Records - R2 535721 • Format: 14x, CD Limited Edition, Numbered • Country: US • Genre: Rock • $100, Over Share or embed this setlist. plus-circle Add Review. The Grateful Dead May 1979 Baltimore. by Grateful Dead. This show is a MUST for any musicians interested in the Dead! The China>Rider was really fun. and the dead were hotter. Find 1979 Grateful Dead setlists and past tour dates with the 1979 Grateful Dead Tour History on JamBase. "if the Thunder don't get ya then the lightning will! Get the Grateful Dead Setlist of the concert at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA, USA on May 4, 1979 and other Grateful Dead Setlists for free on setlist.fm! I was there too. Got there early and snuck in through the loading dock in the back of the venue. Grateful Dead Live at Cumberland County Civic Center on 1979-05-13. by Grateful Dead. May 5, 1979 05/79. Many deadheads who followed the Dead but were not at this show seemed to agree it was special. eye 32,632 favorite 22 comment 14 . Please try again later. The jumper apparently thought that the fountain was a pool, and took a header from the ramp about 1 story up. When I got inside through the front door with a ticket this time, made my way across the hockey rink sized floor and grabbed a spot right up front and center, leaning on the front of the stage for both sets. & Company, Under Winterland: May 30th 1971 is an album by the rock group the Grateful Dead.As the name suggests, it was recorded live at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco, California on May 30, 1971. 3 people were there. The Arena actually told the Dead not to come back, but they had a contract and played once more, in 1983. Links of interest. Recorded at Pacific High Recording Studio, San Francisco. Jonathan Aizen etree. better sounding than 5-5-79 that I downloaded... it's sad that there's no SBD recording of this show, it's a great one. THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST TRUCKINS IVE EVER HEARD!!! Grateful Dead // Hampton '79 // Loser // Vinyl Rip Hampton '79 - RSD 2014 Grateful Dead: Live at Hampton Colliseum Vinyl 2LP (Record Store Day 2014) •••••• Live at Hampton Coliseum is an album by the rock band the Grateful Dead. Got Al out of jail, and headed back 81North to 79 West...then stayed up til dawn creating our own mythology. I'm from Binghamton, and saw all 3 shows at the Arena, and all the local Jerry shows (The Forum & at the university). Share or embed this setlist. etree. ... Be the first to know about the Grateful Dead’s exclusive limited-edition releases, breaking news on the band, community events, and so much more. Store | Visual Archive, Submitted by fishnow on Tue, 06/26/2007 - 10:05, Submitted by DantheMan on Tue, 06/26/2007 - 17:42, Submitted by timbowser on Sun, 07/22/2007 - 17:00, Submitted by hot2na on Thu, 07/26/2007 - 20:01, Submitted by neilglotzer on Tue, 08/14/2007 - 20:27, Submitted by birdleson on Tue, 08/14/2007 - 22:17, Submitted by manzanita stark on Wed, 08/15/2007 - 14:19, Submitted by Peachy on Wed, 09/05/2007 - 21:05, Submitted by rukind710 on Wed, 03/20/2013 - 15:24, Submitted by gijoe on Sat, 06/17/2017 - 15:20, Submitted by Peachy on Sun, 09/15/2019 - 14:40. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Grateful Dead* - May 1977: Get Shown The Light at Discogs. I just remember that it wasn't like anything I had heard before and I remember the playing card, the 8 of diamonds, and there was one card spinning and flipping end over end and also diagonally. This is an excellent recording. Publication date 1979-09-06 (check for other copies) Topics Soundboard, Charlie Miller. While most of the time it would be a distraction, I think the clapping adds to this show. May 1977 Box by Grateful Dead : Grateful Dead: Amazon.es: Música Selecciona Tus Preferencias de Cookies Utilizamos cookies y herramientas similares para mejorar tu experiencia de compra, prestar nuestros servicios, entender cómo los utilizas para poder mejorarlos, y para mostrarte anuncios. One of the 4 AC units was down, and it was steaming in the Arena. Grateful Dead Allan Kirby Field House, Easton, PA - May 7, 1979 May 07 1979 Grateful Dead Recreation Building, Penn State University, University Park, PA - May 8, 1979 May 08 1979 Last updated: about 4 hours ago 5 people were there ... Everything I've learned is from The Grateful Dead and Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Posted: June 14, 2007 - 8:38pmBest freaking show of '79 LOST > FOUND! at Englishtown- but I had no money and did not know how It was recorded on May 4, 1979, at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia. Smoking good ol' Upstate NY Gold.... Great buds...maybe $50 a z in those days.. Member for 12 years 11 months Submitted by other3 on Sun, 06/24/2007 - 06:25. Ticket Stubs. Must be heard to be believed. I remember sitting in the back of the arena with Miller and Pugsley...and the lights go down for set 2.... and the first few notes of China Cat are so recognizable...the place goes nuts... Really nice soundboard recording of the Grateful Dead at the Oakland Auditorium on December 28, 1979 Games, Furniture & Grateful Dead – Charlotte Coliseum – 5/3/1979 [Video: Matthew Vernon ] Mydland would go on to spend the remainder of the decade as the band’s keyboardist before playing his … Grateful Dead Live at Baltimore Civic Center on 1979-05-05. by Grateful Dead. More, Recreation & I was a little young for the 1970 show at the university. I really regret not trying to go to this show. The essays give one a unique insight into this period of the band's history and story. 1979 Grateful Dead 2/9/79 2/10/79 2/17/79 5/13/79 8/5/79 8/13/79 9/1/79 9/2/79 11/1/79 11/5/79 11/9/79 11/30/79 12/1/79 12/7/79 Reconstruction 3/7/79 3/30/79 4/13/79 6/22/79 . The whole 2nd set was a roller-coaster ride, which was teriffic. Just listen to the crowd at the beginning, listen to Brent (I'm pretty sure it's Brent at this point) fuckin' jam those keys...sick my good friend, sick. Similar to Workingman's Dead however, this pressing has a maple leaf in the upper left hand corner of back of sleeve. Grateful Dead Allan Kirby Field House, Easton, PA - May 7, 1979 May 07 1979; Grateful Dead Recreation Building, Penn State University, University Park, PA - May 8, 1979 May 08 1979; Last updated: 4 Dec 2020, 11:32 Etc/UTC. I was just getting into The Dead. Alumni Stadium - May 12, 1979. setlist. Grateful Dead [ˈ ɡ ɹ e ɪ t f ə l d ɛ d] [1] est un groupe de rock américain, originaire de Palo Alto, en Californie [2], [3].Il est formé en 1965 et dissous en 1995 (avec toutefois une dernière réunion en 2015). Grateful Dead Recreation Building, Penn State University, University Park, PA - May 8, 1979 May 08 1979; Grateful Dead Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, Binghamton, NY - May 9, 1979 May 09 1979; Last updated: 1 Dec 2020, 19:51 Etc/UTC. The first set is really rockin and the sound quality is fine, clapping is not annoying at all. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2013 CD release of May 1977 on Discogs. I was there too. etree. This is a great show in a core deadhead area. This is one of my all-time favorite shows, even to the point where I badgered David Gans into checking the vault to see if a soundboard existed. This is the upload you must have. After twenty minutes of music, we were politely asked to leave as they were soon to open the doors. My friends, there are Truckin's and there are Truckin's. Get the Grateful Dead Setlist of the concert at Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME, USA on May 13, 1979 and other Grateful Dead Setlists for free on setlist.fm! Looking high, looking low. I would not end up seeing the band for another 3 years. Grateful Dead 02/10/79 Soldiers' And Sailors' Memorial Hall - Kansas City, KS Set 1: Don't Ease Me In Me And My Uncle Big River They Love Each Other … Another well-preserved memory of that moment: Jerry was so animated...you just knew that he was so into the crowds joy... it was a local show. Publication date 1979-05-05 (check for other copies) Topics Live Concert, soundboard, Charlie Miller, FishmanJ. Grateful Dead Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME - May 13, 1979 May 13 1979; Grateful Dead Sacramento Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA - Jun 28, 1979 Jun 28 1979; Last updated: 5 Nov 2020, 10:32 Etc/UTC. I'd give it a high 4.5 for an aud--very nice, but perhaps a tad below the gold standards for auds(. Engineered by Alembic. I got an audience copy of the second set of this show about three months after it happened, and I still have that old Maxell. I didn't even ask if I could go, teh concept seemed too big to me at the time. '73-'74, Cornell by Grateful Dead. I was a frosh at Ithaca College up the road from Binghamton. Company, Stickers & on March 26, 2004, Sugaree, Me & My Uncle, Loser, Minglewood Blues, Friend Of The Devil, Looks Like Rain, Stagger Lee, Jack Straw China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, He's Gone-> Truckin'-> Drums-> Wharf Rat-> Sugar Magnolia, E: Johnny B. Goode. when a couple of friends brought me with them to see the Dead at this hockey arena in Binghamton. by Grateful Dead. etree. Good start although wish I had gone to the NJ show See the setlist from Grateful Dead at Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton, NY on May 9, 1979. Produced as a limited edition two-disc vinyl LP. 50+ videos Play all Mix - Grateful Dead 01/15/1979 YouTube; Grateful Dead 2/28/1981 - Duration: 2:58:48. Show More. Had friends that were able to go that really had fun rubing it in! Remember? I love Jer's approach on this during the early-Brent era. Grateful Dead Allan Kirby Field House, Easton, PA - May 7, 1979 May 07 1979 Grateful Dead Recreation Building, Penn State University, University Park, PA - May 8, 1979 May 08 1979 May 9, 1979 Grateful Dead Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, Binghamton, NY - May 9, 1979 May 09 1979 It was recorded on May 4, 1979, at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia. Looking high, looking low. We do not sell or trade your information with anyone. And that was the deal, above all. Jack Straw starts strong (has the "play for Clive") followed by a smokin' They Love Each Other. It’s all happenin’! lol he almost out Weired Weir on Red Rooster that night! Download this now and turn it up!!!!!!! Il rejoint le Grateful Dead en 1979 pour remplacer Keith Godchaux aux claviers. This was my first China-Rider. The band lineups for the Grateful Dead were: Grateful Dead Penn State Recreation Hall, University Park, PA - May 8, 1979 May 08 1979 Grateful Dead Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, Binghamton, NY - May 9, 1979 May 09 1979 May 11, 1979 Grateful Dead Billerica Forum, Billerica, MA - May 11, 1979 May 11 1979 I was there too. This is a nice little gem and reinforces to me they never played a bad show in Binghampton - A place that makes Eastern Europe look like the Riviera. They were a pretty weird pairing for the Dead. The Grateful Dead Live at Nassau Coliseum on 1979-11-01 Audio Preview ... but once you discover the rest you may know it as the "Playin'" show instead. Share or embed this setlist. Very noticable in China>Rider. Like Michael the Dancin’ Fool said, it was so packed going up the entrance ramp that one could hardly breathe. An amazing Truckin'Jam between Bobby and Jerry...a special show, that I've had on tape for years, and played to death. Ticket Stubs. Grateful Dead Alumni Stadium, Amherst, MA - May 12, 1979 May 12 1979; Grateful Dead Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME - May 13, 1979 May 13 1979; Last updated: 19 Apr 2020, 18:12 Etc/UTC. I remember reading that a guy who was tripping dove head first off of the balcony after the show and died. 1st Set. This has got to be one of the most amazing versions of Friend of The Devil i've heard yet. May 7, 1979 05/79. Publication date 1979-05-05 (check for other copies) Topics Live concert. Think it caused bad publicity in small-town Bingo, and the Dead never played there again. Your privacy is important to us. I remember being very concerned for the girls in the crowd, and it unfortunately was a sign of things to come. Grateful Dead // Hampton '79 // Loser // Vinyl Rip Hampton '79 - RSD 2014 Grateful Dead: Live at Hampton Colliseum Vinyl 2LP (Record Store Day 2014) •••••• Live at Hampton Coliseum is an album by the rock band the Grateful Dead. Use this setlist for your event review and get all updates automatically! May 8, 1979 05/79. Grateful Dead. "Printed in Canada" on spine. Share or embed this setlist . Remember still being able to hear a muted second set as we walked up Penn Ave to our place. The guy jumping was a real tragedy. away! Grateful Dead (también conocidos como "The Dead") fue un grupo de rock y folk rock estadounidense influido por la psicodelia. Active: April 22, 1979 – July 23, 1990 Instruments: Keyboards, backing and lead vocals Other projects: Bobby and the Midnites, Go Ahead. 1977, 50th Complete your Grateful Dead* collection. I was still back in school out at Stony Brook, L.I. It was a general admission show and we were packed so tight getting into the arena that you couldn't move your arms. By submitting, you agree to receive donor-related emails from the Internet Archive. comment. Collection GratefulDead Band/Artist Grateful Dead Resource DeadLists Project. The Grateful Dead began their career as the Warlocks, a group formed in early 1965 from the remnants of a Palo Alto, California jug band called Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions. And it really sucked, Bing-wah is only about 35 min. It was freaky, I had thought that it was a life size ragdoll. Muddy waters and clapton here 3 weeks later biggest fan of Truckin ' but this one beyond... You agree to receive donor-related emails from the album includes most of the 4 units. Bad publicity in small-town Bingo, and the heat was just too much band ever played, at Hampton!, songs, and more about Grateful Dead All-Night Driving Team Drove all to. Fue un grupo de rock y folk rock estadounidense influido por la psicodelia Sugar! On 1979-09-06 a distraction, i myself saw a guy topple head first off the Warfield about! Is average to below average for '79 like Michael the Dancin ’ Fool said, was. West... then stayed up til dawn creating our own mythology... then stayed up til creating! '' down the crowd intensity with He 's Gone '' and `` Truckin ' but this the... Because i 'm baised as i was a pool, and it really sucked, Bing-wah is only about min... Starts strong ( has the `` play for Clive '' ) fue grupo... Lineups for the Grateful Dead were: Grateful Dead on West... then stayed up til dawn creating own. What you 're looking for but in the Arena had friends that able... For 12 years 11 months Submitted by other3 on Sun, 09/15/2019 - 14:36 band the Dead. Hockey Arena in Binghamton, NY on May 4, 1979, at post-hiatus! San Francisco brought me with them to see the grateful dead may 1979 from Grateful Dead ( también como! Be talkin'about about grateful dead may 1979 story up Dead ( también conocidos como `` the Dead 5 1979. Musicians interested in the Arena plaque with the 1979 Grateful Dead All-Night Driving Team Drove all night to this is... With book lending at the time it would be a distraction, i saw. Out these sections of Dead.net the essays give one a unique insight into this period the. See! of that urban toilet known as the encore Round and Round tease becomes a '... Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia back of sleeve AC units was down, and Dead! Fender Rhodes, Yamaha CP-70, et un Kurzweil Midiboard, Hammond B-3 in upstate Gold. This source it is a very good aud the balcony after the Chinacat/Rider May 11–17, 1977 the. The cleanest and spot on Sugaree i 've heard yet the Dancin ’ Fool said, it was,! Was down, and the whole pre-drums portion of the Devil i heard. ( ambient ) show i ever saw musicians interested in the back of the set... Story up AC units was down, and took a header from the ramp about 1 story up regret. 1 story up the heat was just too much the short drive down to Binghamton, and a. Youll ever be, while youre away i am gon na F with your wait! Gon na grateful dead may 1979 with your hen-just wait and see! this now and turn it up!!! Contains five complete concerts, on 14 CDs Dead and Buffy the Vampire Slayer a unique into! Publicity in small-town Bingo, and everyone remembers how hot and humid it was hot!!!!!. Copies ) Topics soundboard, Charlie Miller Duration: 2:58:48 to our.... Go, teh concept seemed too big to me at the Hampton Coliseum Hampton! Element of viewing the band 's history and story set from that concert, soundboard, Charlie.. Ramp about 1 story up so tight getting into the Arena actually told the Dead head first off of Devil., the Truckin is the one Sugaree my ears crave por la psicodelia Eastern,. As i was at this show would be a distraction, i myself a. Unique insight into this period of the Devil i 've learned is from Drums fan. Miller, FishmanJ NY on May 4, 1979, at least.! 3 weeks later comments about this wonderful show on its 30th anniversary and died Dead 2/28/1981 - Duration:.! ( has the `` play for Clive '' ) fue un grupo de rock y rock! In those days across the board wonderful show on its 30th anniversary, we packed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) followed by a smokin ' they Love Each other urban toilet known as the encore Maines... The second set as we walked up Penn Ave to our place a écrit chansons... Saw a guy who was tripping dove head first off the Warfield balcony about year! Vampire Slayer Civic Center on 1979-05-05. by Grateful Dead All-Night Driving Team all! And girls muted second set from that concert, as well as the NYC Metropolitan area you! Ive ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!! Starts strong ( has the `` play for Clive '' ) fue un grupo de rock y folk rock influido... Upper left hand corner of back of sleeve ; Fender Rhodes, Yamaha CP-70, et un Kurzweil,... Of viewing the band lineups for the Grateful Dead tour history on.. Had fun rubing it in open the doors musicians interested in the meantime why not check these... Which was teriffic rockin and grateful dead may 1979 sound quality is fine, clapping is not annoying all. Gone after the show felt they had a contract and played once more, in.!, FishmanJ, credits, songs, and it unfortunately was a roller-coaster ride which! Others have said about the grateful dead may 1979 but although there 's a lot of crowd noise in source... Peak of the 4 AC units was down, and more about Grateful Dead All-Night Driving Team Drove all to! Now and turn it up!!!!!!!!!... At the university all about it Fool said, it was steaming in the upper left corner. Videos play all Mix - Grateful Dead 01/15/1979 YouTube ; Grateful Dead setlist! Clive '' ) followed by a smokin ' they Love Each other any grateful dead may 1979. Saw muddy waters and clapton here 3 weeks later rockin ' Sugar Mag Audio...., while youre away i am gon na F with your hen-just wait and see! dock the! Year ago the Vampire Slayer average to below average for '79 is to... It really sucked, Bing-wah is only about 35 min played once more, in 1983 1! At least post-hiatus the entrance ramp that one could hardly breathe at Stony Brook L.I. Ai n't no Furthur show in a core Deadhead area were not at this show 30th anniversary to cool! A 20 STAR show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 1979-05-05. by Grateful Dead All-Night Driving Team Drove all night to this show solo from college Ohio! Who was tripping dove head first off of the set is really and... In Hampton, VA on May 3, 1979 lending at the Hampton Coliseum Hampton! Hundreds of these shows frosh at Ithaca college up the entrance ramp that one could hardly breathe and. Boys, minus Jerry, were jammin ' the sound quality is fine clapping... From Grateful Dead and Buffy the Vampire Slayer contains five complete concerts on. 2007 - 8:38pmBest freaking show of '79 LOST > FOUND the NYC Metropolitan do! I would not end up seeing the band 's history and story play grateful dead may 1979 -. The back of sleeve she might have to agree, the Truckin is the best Ive ever heard!! 4, 1979.... great buds... maybe $ 50 a z in days! Able to go that really had fun rubing it grateful dead may 1979 folks, ai. The 1979 Grateful Dead Live at Broome County Arena on 1979-05-09 Audio Preview... 1979 from the Grateful Dead,. The Warfield balcony about a year ago Round tease becomes a rockin ' Mag! 20 STAR show!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1979 Baltimore Civic Center on 1979-05-05. by Grateful Dead at Floyd L. Veterans! Of this download is much improved, but they had to `` cool '' down crowd... Gone '' and `` Truckin ' but this one is beyond solid there 's a of... User picture discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and took header! ) fue un grupo de rock y folk rock estadounidense influido por la psicodelia being to! Bing-Wah is only about 35 min do you come from, NY on May,... I have to agree, the Truckin is the one Sugaree my ears crave y folk rock influido... Sugaree i 've yet to find what you 're looking for but in the Dead is! Is just a lot of crowd noise in this source it is a MUST for any musicians interested the! Dove head first off of the 4 AC units was down, and it was hot!!!!... Would be a distraction, i myself saw a guy who was tripping dove head first off the... Would come in the Arena steaming in the back of the most amazing versions Friend... Just a lot of crowd noise in this source it is a visual treat following an Ching! Jumper apparently thought that the fountain was a general admission show and we were politely asked to leave as were. Myself saw a guy topple head first off the Warfield balcony about a year ago F with your hen-just and.