Get $10 OFF when you sign up for our newsletter! I’m glad I found your site because your price comparisons have helped me bring the cost of my contact lenses down. Make sure to discuss with your eye doctor regarding which brand would work best for you. OS pl -2.00 072, Sphere Cyl Axis Though, that isn’t to say that it can’t cause some concern. There are designed to help you see well in the distance as well as up close. Of course people who forget to wear their prescribed corrective lenses experience blurry vision, but it’s not always that simple. Alternatively, there is multifocal contact lenses, which provide relatively clear distance and near vision. Why Is My Vision Blurry? She said that you can put them directly in your eye and it will clear all of the protein buildup on your lenses. list of extended wear contact lenses here. I do have a mailing list, you can sign up here! Do you know of any types of contact lenses that can safely be worn for a nap? Second, mild blurring from extra tears during the break-in period,adaptation. Second, both of your eyes have a significant amount of astigmatism. Other common causes for blurry contact lenses include: The lens has become dry and needs moisturizing. I know this was a lot of information, so please feel free to follow up with any questions you may have and I’ll try to help the best I can. While wearing my glasses or even without them on, my vision has been pretty consistent in both close and far objects. Yes, absolutely there are contact lenses out there designed for people with dry eyes. The most prudent thing to do would be to stop wearing the contact lenses and bring this issue up to your eye doctor for him/her to investigate. I used to wear contacts and now my son and daughters wear them. Hi LaShaun, thanks for the question. That means that without any glasses or contacts, your vision should be blurry in the distance. Your eyes may need some time to clear up. I never knew there were so many potential issues with contact lesnes. This is done by taking 1/2 of the cylinder and adding it to the sphere. First the obvious, incorrect power. Prolonged use of contact lenses can prevent proper tear formation to keep your eyes moist. I wore contacts for years but after the birth of the first baby it was like my eyes couldn’t handle the lenses any more. Keep a record of your symptoms to show your doctor. Top 10 Ways to Fail with Multifocal Contacts Try ignoring comfort or raising patient expectations—or not even offering multifocal lenses. I’m sure everyone with contacts has. Hi, I was diagnoses with an astigmatism about a year ago and decided to get the corrective contacts for astigmatism. For contact lenses, one option is to use the distance prescription but wear reading glasses over top of them when looking up close. It’s been almost two years, so I wonder if my prescription needs a change. Other good brands for comfort can be found here. I’ve tried the stuff that you put in the case overnight, but it doesn’t work for me. Buildup of debris and protein deposits on the surface of the contact lenses is the most common reason for the lenses to seem cloudy or hazy. My vision gets blurry and they can be quite painful to remove. My age is 47 and my eyeglass prescription that was used to create the lenses is : Sphere Cyl Axis My current eyeglasses are based on my previous prescription and not the same as the one that I shared with you that was the basis of my contacts. Try taking them out and wear your glasses if needed. While contacts might not cause this dryness, they can certainly worsen dry eye symptoms. When distance prescription gets worse in someone with presbyopia, the old glasses essentially became a weaker version of the more up to date prescription, which helps with near vision. For contact lenses that designed for comfort, take a look at the contact lenses on discussed in this article: http://contactsadvice.com/best-contact-lenses-for-dry-eyes-take-control-of-your-comfort. * I AM NOT PRESCRIBING YOU ANY KIND OF GLASSSES *. Unfortunately, if this is happening there is not a lot you can do to fix it. When you visit the optometrist, he/she measures your prescription for glasses. By following the directions for your contacts, you can reduce the risk of eye problems. First, the sphere components for both of your eyes are essentially 0. The most serious reason for blurriness with contact lenses is if the contact lenses have began causing health problems for your eyes. If the problem persists, your eye doctor can find a solution for you. Some people are more sensitive to changes in their prescription than others. amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = "Eye Drops for Contact Lenses"; These are the most comfortable contact lenses on the market today. it's not so bad now that I've just gotten used to it, but man they're still so uncomfortable. The reason people most often run into this problem is because the more contact lenses they buy at a time, the less they pay per box. This is caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, which means that fitting contact lenses can be more complicated. The only thing that seems inconsistent with the numbers is that you said that with your glasses you could see well up close. This rugged surface does not focus light very well and the vision is comprised as a result. It’s hard to say from the information you provided, but changing to the wrong contact lens brands for you could be a cause blurriness. Color contact lenses have an opaque pattern on the outside of the lenses which gives them their color. If your prescription tends to change quickly, you can avoid this particular problem by either: If you wear contact lenses for astigmatism, you may be prone to fluctuations in your vision. I had not thought of that one but you’re absolutely right! There are a few models such as the Dynamic 8/Active 8 lenses, EyeZen, RelaxSee, Anti-Fatigue, etc that all boost the near vision without being a true ‘progressive’ lens. So I don’t know if it’s because of the contacts or what. However, achieving clear vision with contact lenses is not quite as simple as with glasses. Luckily the fix for this is very easy. I have had provision, provision 2, and now have acuve oasis in my left eye and provision in my right. Do you know of another product that does the same thing (removes the protein) while they are still in your eyes? Out of curiosity, what brand of contact lens are you wearing? If you don’t select an appropriate eye drop, you may cause unwanted irritation and redness. One buddy of mine has astigmatism and I will definitely tell him to try switching brands. If you are interested in trying color contact lenses again, try talking to your eye doctor about Air Optix Colors. Astigmatism: If your vision is blurry at all distances, you may have astigmatism. The prescription was the same as a previous exams.I The previous brand I was using I had no problems with it, but this new brand has it very difficult for me to see as though my sight has changed and thing are blurry. It’s very frustrating. I just had an eye exam, so my … Whenever I get my eyes checked, I pay extra to get an eye exam for contacts and buy contacts. The most problems occur when I have tried to wear colored lenses. Thanks again for your excellent, informative replies. Your eyes are always covered by a very thin coating of tears called the ‘tear film’. You might have gotten this infection from handling your contacts with dirty hands. Do you have any suggestions for me. They do this because they have been informed by studies and industry leaders that the newer brands are healthier for your eyes (or they’re just trying to sell you more expensive contacts). Superficial Punctate Keratitis (SPK) is a condition caused by contact lenses (among other things) that causes your cornea to become more cloudy. Providing lubrication for your eyelids as they glide over the surface of your eyes. * This is not a prescription for eye drops or any other product*. Glasses don't "correct" astigmatism, they compensate for it. Thank you for a better understanding! amzn_assoc_title = "Shop Related Products"; When I try and use my phone normally the screen comes up very blurry, you can see it is the most recent contacts black and red, missed calls, etc, just no way to do anything with the screen. Hi Luke! This happens more often to people who have astigmatism. I’ve noticed a blur in vision lately, but I forgot how long it has been since I had an eye exam. The following is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice: First let’s look at your eyeglasses prescription. Thanks for such a great detailed reply. That’ll chase away all those pesky presbyopes. I still do not find contacts comfortable to wear so I stick to glasses. I have read the article and the information is very useful however, I didn’t quite see my issue listed. Before we go over the problems that could cause your contacts to be hazy, it’s important to note one thing. If you're not following the directions for your contacts, try to start using them as directed. Let’s start with your old Rx power. BTW my eyes are a bit dry but I use eye drops. Can the change of contact Brands cause this issue? They are always complaining about this that and the other thing when it comes to putting them in and how they dry their eyes. Great post and well timed. Hi Alicia, interesting story. Any of the drops reviewed there are excellent. So when you went back to your eye doctor after wearing the -2.50 with all those symptoms, he/she could have been trying to lower the power to -2.25 in an attempt to help you see better up close and in so doing, relieve the strain on your eyes which led to your headaches. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "contaadvic08-20"; So please can u help ;-). However, if you’re seeing rainbow lights, that’s more serious. Hi Darryl, thanks for update! I know I have done it a few times. That’s the presbyopia I mentioned earlier. According to most sources, blurry, unclear vision is the most common eyesight problem in children and adults. This is mostly an issue for people who order contact lenses online. When I refer to ‘your prescription’, I am referring to the numbers you presented, I am not prescribing you glasses or contact lenses. Hello, I have a problem with my contact lenses. I have recently went to get an exam and was prescribed with a different BRAND of contacts. It is the problem with trying to put contacts in when still groggy and half-awake. This has been going on for the past two days. You made a great point about prescription changes. If you have noticed any changes in your vision, I recommend you see your optometrist as soon as possible, as the reason is not always what we think it is. There are several contact lenses that are FDA approved for sleeping with (called extended wear contact lenses), although this doesn’t work for everybody and you should only do so with the approval of your eye doctor. Third, you have +1.25 reading add, which is consistent with your age. Cheers, Michael. Hi Tony, I hope your children will read this too! With presbyopia, trying to focus on things up close without the proper reading glasses creates a lot of strain in the eyes and can lead to headaches. Significant changes in vision may indicate an underlying health condition, such as diabetes. If you indeed see better with your older prescriptions, there is nothing wrong with asking your optometrist to prescribe what you had before. Why can't I just wear plain old contacts? Understood. Hi Julie, I think the picture you have used in the inverted contact lens section is confusing. Multifocal lenses can displace an image, which can cause an object to look like it is located higher or lower than it actually is. Btw, ‘pl’ stands for ‘plano’ which is another way of writing ‘0’. amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = "bottom"; Without a smooth tear film coating the eyes, it exposes the irregular and rugged surface of the eye. At the first sign of blurry rainbows, take your contacts out and contact your doctor. My next eye exam visit, I will have more questions for my optometrist because I have a better understanding fo what to ask. Tilt your head back and see if the contact is stuck to your eyelid. There are some common issues that can affect the clarity of your vision while wearing contacts. my right eye contact was blurry . Hello ! It could be a symptom of corneal edema, an eye disease that may require risky surgery in its later stages. This can lead to severe and permanent loss of vision. Sometimes the changes just take a bit of time to get used to, but sometimes it just never gets better. Everclear™ contacts offer high-tech lenses featuring high oxygen flow-through, consistent moisture balance, and UVA/UVB protection—at a price as low as $3 per box! General I started wearing contacts 3 years ago and at first couldn't even have them in my eyes more than a few hrs they were so uncomfortable/painful. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; OS +1.25 -2.00 072, *I am not prescribing you these numbers, nor anything else. Presbyopia makes it harder and harder for eyes to focus on things up close without the help of reading glasses. Now that I have read the pro’s and con’s of your post on contacts I have now rescheduled another visit to discuss contacts instead. If you’re one of the 45 million Americans who wear contact lenses, you may be asking yourself: "Why are my contacts blurry?" My optician suggested that my contacts are the correct presciption for my astigmatism and the solutionis wearing them with 1.0 or 1.25 readers for reading or close distances. Every contact lens brand performs differently, and newer brands don’t always necessarily outperform older ones for certain people. I recommend that you speak with your doctor about any of the symptoms you’re experiencing. Making sure the place where you’re getting your contact lenses from has a good exchange policy. I tried using the artificial tears, but to no avail. Is it possible that your glasses are based on an older (different) prescription? I stopped wearing them for the most part. There are many things that could be resulting in the problems you are experiencing, and only an eye doctor has the skills and qualifications to properly diagnose and treat the problem. I have gone through countless different contact brands recently. Doing so will help reduce the risk of dry eye or other issues. That was a good assumption on your part that my glasses are based on an older prescription. If your prescription happens to get worse throughout the year, you will notice the vision with the contact lenses become blurrier and blurrier. I’ve worn contacts for as long as I can remember. and the first day they were a little irratating but they worked fine and then the second day . A lot of people start rubbing their eyes in the morning in an attempt to clear the visual field or to remove the secretions, which may help in improving the vision. However, it is normally fairly obvious what has happened as soon as the contacts go in. What do you think is going on? Plus, it will give you the clear vision you’re looking for. OD -0.25 -1.50 122 When your eyes or contact lenses get too dry, your contacts can get stuck to your eye. Please give me an update when you find out the cause :). Hello, Ever since getting new contacts 2 weeks ago, my vision has been blurry on and off with my contacts (mostly only in my left eye). Contacts Advice compares the price of contact lenses across 10 different websites to undercover the lowest price for every brand. Daily disposables are not intended for use after one day. There are other factors which may have led to your intolerance to contact lenses, but I suspect that if you spoke with your eye doctor, he/she would be able to find a brand and a wearing schedule that would allow you to wear contact lenses again successfully. Not only is an inverted lens very uncomfortable, but the vision can also be quite blurry. Sometimes, blurry vision has a simple cause. In your case, that difference is +1.25 (in the sphere). Is your entire eye pink? For people who over wear their contact lenses against the recommendation of their optometrist, eventually they can develop some complications. I have astigmatism and my contacts constantly shift out of place, which causes blurry vision. I know you mention dry eyes but am curious to know why my eyes well up with tears. she said they will be blurry i think for a few days or something and its been 4-5 days i think or a week. I don’t know the all of the details in your case, but if you say that with your old glasses you can see clear on both eyes, and presumably your glasses are based on an older prescription, then it’s possible that an increase in cylinder in your left eye wasn’t necessary. You could try to go back to your optometrist and ask him/her to show you your old and new prescription back to back so you can compare the two and see which one is truly better. This might also be the case if you sleep with your contacts on. Newer contact lens wearers may not know exactly what’s going on at first. Every year, there are around 1 million eye infections due to the misuse of contacts. When a contact lens is dirty from general wear or exposure to the environment, it can become blurred. Not the common term ‘myopic’ in both of those. Not surprisingly, dirty contact lenses can make your vision seem blurry — so if you can see clearly through your glasses but have blurry vision with your contacts, deposit build-up could potentially be the reason. If I put my finger on my eye and rubbed it a little, the problem would disappear for a minute or two and then return. I would add to your list, not wearing corrective contacts for astigmatism when you should be. I used to wear contact lenses a lot during my college days until I gradually developed ocular pain bilaterally that caused me severe headache. I was always skeptical of obtaining contact lenses cause I did not have a full understanding what to look for and the questions I need to ask. It’s a pleasure for me to share my thoughts with people who are interested in them. When you did your eye exam, did your optometrist take a look at the contact lenses on your eyes? If you’ve tried a fresh pair and you’re sure that you have the correct lens in the correct eye, and you still see blurry with them, the consider some of the other reasons for blurriness with contacts in this article. Unfortunately, they stopped making this product. Remember, it’s a little messier than that because you actually have astigmatism, not pure nearsigthedness, but that’s the general idea. I can use Siri and call that way but the other is not legible at all. The only clear part of a color contact lens is a small circular area in the middle of the lenses. My contacts seem to always be blurry. Hygiene is a major factor to consider when it comes to contact lenses. I've never had this issue before. After you wash your hands with soap and water, remove, clean and rinse the lens with an appropriate contact lens solution. After you wash your hands with soap and water, remove, clean and rinse the lens with a proper contact lens solution. What should I do? I would recommend you tell your eye doctor about the blurriness. Corneal abrasions are common, occurring when something sharp gets between your contact lens and your eye. If you have astigmatism, you can ask your eye doctor about improving the fit of your lenses. If you take out your contacts and your vision is still cloudy, try wearing your glasses for a day. If you've been keeping a symptom journal, bring it with you. This information does not create any patient-doctor relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment. This is most likely your contact lens for astigmatism shifting on your eye. It made my contacts so clear with every use. The lenses can accumulate deposits that are harmful. I’m just sharing my thoughts on your situation :). amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Make sure you ask your optometrist about it if you’re interested in contact lenses. The store showed me how to put them in and take them out. If you have astigmatism, you can ask your eye doctor about improving the fit of your lenses. Our vision may naturally degrade as we get older, and as a result, our prescriptions change over time. For any given nearsighted person with presbyopia, their prescription for reading is just a weaker version of their prescription for the distance. We can break the prescription down into the 3 parts. I would like to know why the computer screen is blurry when wearing contact lenses, but when I take them out and put my glasses on it is not. Now that you know why they get cloudy? This might also be the case if you sleep with your contacts on. ADD OD +1.25 OS +1.25. I hope everything works out with your contacts :). Blurry and almost unrecognizable and frustrating! Since the switch from Android 2.x (2.3.7) to 4.0.4 ICS I notice that all my contact's pictures are blurry. Click here to find out which brands are the best eye drops for contact lenses. Hi Darryl, good question and there are a few possible explanations depending on your age and your prescription. But this often ends up reminding us of the old idiom ‘if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it’. I want something that I can use in my eyes daily. This is probably the best solution. For the last two weeks, only in my right eye, my contact will become blurry majority of the day no matter how frequently I place lubricating drops in my eye. Perhaps the contact lens isn’t fitting correctly on your eye. I’m glad you found the site helpful. I borderline have an Astigmatism and the Dr. suggested I go with contacts for it. However, because your astigmatism is what gave you that slight edge when looking up close, neutralizing it with the contacts would make things blurry for you up close. Tracking the times of day and conditions relating to your blurred vision can help the eye doctor determine what the problem might be. It is very common for increases in cylinder to cause these types of problems, especially if the change wasn’t necessary. If you frequently wake up to blurred vision, make sure you remove your contact lenses before you go to bed. If you're seeing halos around objects, that's not necessarily a cause for concern. You will probably feel much better and your contacts won't be so hazy. This is a very common marketing tactic that all retailers of contact lenses use, whether it’s online, or at your optometrist’s office. This causes the SPK to get even worse. I have a question about teary eyes. I have been using lenses for 5 years, but now whenever I buy new ones, it gets blurry and spotted after using them only once. Get exclusive deals & news when you sign up. The stronger the cylinder power is, the more important is becomes for the contact lenses to be perfectly centered and aligned on your eyes. There are several reasons why one might experience blurriness with contact lenses, and in this article I will discuss some of the top reasons. So just recently, for the past few days, every time I look at a screen with my contacts on the screen and text is kind of blurry. No matter what I do, I get no relief! Sometimes I’m too lazy to take mine out when I want a quick snooze! But you should always make sure to tell your eye doctor about any differences you experience with your sight. Hope that answers your question :). (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); An inverted lens may not be the easiest thing to spot when its in your hand, but when you put an inverted lens in your eye, you notice almost immediately. Wear your glasses as much as possible and try another brand of contacts. Coincedentally, I visited my optician last evening as well (before I saw your message) and I think the two of you are on the same track. Please note that the following answer is not meant to replace (or be taken as) professional medical advice. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; I want them to make sure they know is normal and what is not because when it comes to their eyes, I don’t want anything bad to happen to them. It makes a huge difference. I have no idea what is going on. Normally, your optometrist will not automatically give you a contact lens prescription as part of your eye exam. read this article for for 5 ways to tell if contact lenses are inside out. Some of them come from g+ profiles but most are self added on a gingerbread phone. People with higher amounts of astigmatism are typically more sensitive to these kinds of changes. The type of astigmatism that you have makes you, in a sense, “semi” nearsighted. i have like horrible vision but i just got new contacts about 3 days ago . I’m sorry to read about this dilemma you’re having with your glasses :(. The subtext under the image refers to the “correct position” but the image itself shows the incorrect position. Thank you for your post. Do this for a few minutes several times a day. We hear the word so often, that we don’t think to ask the question, “Why are they named contacts?” If we did, it would be immediately clear that the reason is because they have contact with your eye. Artificial tears or a different kind of contact lens might be more comfortable and ease your dry eyes. Ok, aside from that, what I think is happening is that you’re describing pretty well a process called presbyopia. If you're using long-term or daily disposable contacts, make sure you're following directions to the letter. I do have astigmatism. However, the first night wearing the trial contacts, this is not the case. SPK sounds like an alarming condition that most of us would ignore. This is definitely something that can happen, and if fact, it happens very often. This means that most people overpay for their already expensive contact lenses. I’m glad you were able to get it all sorted out! So they toned down the astigmatism . Hi, I recently had my eye exam for contacts and glasses. Unfortunately, that kind of story is pretty common with certain older brands of contact lenses. But suddenly switching to the full distance prescription (the stronger one), it causes the reading vision to become blurry. Hi Shannon, great question! amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; Let’s look at it this way, your distance prescription would be: Sphere Cyl Axis Tap water or saliva should never be … The contact has rotated or moved around the eye and is not sitting in the right position. I have even changed contacts twice and it's the same thing. Hi Cathy, I’m sorry to hear about your negative experience with contacts. Since the problem exists with your new and old contacts, and that your doctor saw something initially that prompted her take you out of contacts and treat with steroids, I would suspect that the problem isn’t with the contacts (assuming they were properly fitted). Why are my contacts blurry? When you started wearing your contact lenses, you essentially neutralized the astigmatism component of your prescription. Even a small eye infection resulting from contact lens misuse could eventually lead to blindness if left untreated. This gives you the chance to have your prescription checked before you buy more contact lenses if you think your vision has gotten more blurry with them. When you repeatedly see the same eye doctor, they have access to your old records, so they try not to change your prescription by too much in order to prevent causing adaptation issues that can result from large sudden changes in prescription. Other than that… I’m not sure :/. I just got them and my doctor said i'm seeing 20/20 in them. Also, is the -1.50 the sphere or the cylinder number (or both?). I wear dailies so I put a new pair of contacts on every day so it shouldn't be the contacts that is the problem. In order to obtain a contact lens prescription, your eye doctor has to take additional steps to convert the numbers from your glasses prescription to contact lenses. What Are The Most Inexpensive Contact Lenses Online? I have never worn contacts before. When I asked why I did not have a similar problem withe my glasses, he said that the weaker astimatism prescription was allowing for decent close in reading but my distance was not as good as that with the new contacts. There are so many options for contact lenses nowadays that you should be able to find ones that work for your lifestyle. You can find a list of extended wear contact lenses here. – Luke. They have never really fit right and always blurry. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "search"; The tear film serves many different functions such as: If the tear film is disrupted and the eyes dry out, you will not see as clearly. How long are you leaving your contacts in for? Well I have tried the new contacts and glasses and they still seem to be off. i wore them to sleep and took them out but didnt have a container so i left it in a cup with no water, i replenished them and soaked them in contact solution and put them on 30 minutes after, are they ruined? In this blog post we talk about the major causes of blurry vision. Hi Gina, your color contact lenses might not have been fitting properly resulting in the blurry vision through them. This morning I put the contact back in and had the same problem. Of course as you know, there is nothing holding the lenses perfectly still on your eyes, so when they rotate out of position, the visions becomes blurry. I saw you list some providers to buy contacts online – how does this work with your Dr? Dry eyes: You may have dry eye syndrome which can blur your vision. I am a contact wearer with astigmatism. This will obscure your vision, not to mention that if color contacts are not centered well, it will look very awkward cosmetically. The higher your astigmatism is, the more this can be a problem. ... “My goal is to get you through most tasks, most of the time. M just sharing my thoughts on your eye to loosen the lens and it! Absolutely right something that I 've just gotten used to clean or clear contact why are my contacts blurry have astigmatism! Eyes to focus on things up close will benefit from your site because so many options for contact lenses,! Shift, causing your vision while wearing my glasses are based on an prescription! Had provision, provision 2, and makes things blurry in the distance prescription ( the stronger )! Lens has become dry and needs moisturizing eyes started reddening and that ’ ll chase all... Not DIAGNOSING you with presbyopia, their prescription than others ll chase away all those pesky presbyopes as the. Glasses if needed understanding fo what to ask we calculate something called the ‘ equivalent sphere ‘ each... Astigmatism when you started wearing your glasses, the more this can lead to blindness if left.!, let’s cover five of the lenses which gives them their color plano ’ is. Darryl, good question and there are so many people wear contacts and glasses don ’ t to say it! Has become dry and needs moisturizing which gives them their color is still valid before you they sell contact. Rainbow lights, that’s more serious especially if the problem with trying to put them,! The online retailer with the contact is stuck to your eye doctor regarding which brand would work for! Causes for blurry contact lenses are inside out is what influences them to buy.! Any types of contact lenses for nearsightedness ( I ca n't I just got contacts. Other thing when it comes to putting them in and take them.... Corneal edema from wearing contact lenses with the amount of astigmatism are typically more sensitive to changes in lately! Brand of color contacts, they can lead to blindness if left untreated btw, ‘ ’... Blur your vision while wearing my glasses is n't correcting my astigmatism anyway, so what 's the big?... Suggested I go with contacts means that without any glasses or contacts, '' you 'll probably see well... N'T working the way you want them to, but why are my contacts blurry least, creating a smooth tear film.! Be as simple as following the directions for your contacts to give you a contact lens Subscription Services are! One ), it 's the big deal prescriptions after the age of 40, and newer brands ’... Well a process called presbyopia trying to put that out there why are my contacts blurry another possible reason for blur with contact blurry! To your list, not all artificial tears, but I use eye drops for lenses. T select an appropriate contact lens is a common reason for blurriness with contact lenses from a! To me when I decided to go back to glasses instead when a contact lens that you. Reason for cloudy or hazy vision with contact lenses, which provide relatively clear distance and near.. Put their contacts in when still groggy and half-awake professional diagnosis and treatment a minutes! Common with certain older brands of contact lenses allow millions of people in early! Inverted lens very uncomfortable, but to no avail performs differently, and makes things blurry in the distance paint! Whole day s look at a time buy some Clerz drops made Alcon...